Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lord Considers Options !


"Lord Considers Options" read the headline in my morning paper earlier today. I read this while preparing to attend synagogue services on the second day of Rosh Hashanah. Given the timing, my mind immediately turned to the Netana Tokef prayer:

Who by water; Who by fire …

My son, Yehuda was even more alarmist. "Maybe he's decided to smite us all," he said. Not an unreasonable conclusion, I thought, given the other newspaper headlines. Nevertheless, I tried to assure him, that after the Flood, God forswore such sweeping acts of collective punishment. After all, fathers need to give their kids hope. But frankly, I am avoiding getting too confident until after Yom Kippur. (And, I only allow myself to write this publicly, because I know Yehuda never reads this blog.)

As for the headline in the Toronto Star, it referred to a story, about the recently ousted Premier of New Brunswick, Bernard Lord.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace klara.

1:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home