Monday, May 07, 2007

Eurovision vs Teapacks - take two

The Eurovision Song Contest is happening this coming Thursday and Israel's controversial entry - Push the Button, by the wackko band, Teapacks - is still at loggerheads with the contest organizers.

The song, whose controversial lyrics about nuclear war and terrorism was originally deemed too controversial for Eurovsion, was finally allowed to compete. Now, according to this article in from Ynet, the Finnish team responsible for the broadcast itself is trying to limit the visuals that Teapacks prepared to go with their performance. Teapacks is threatening to refuse to perform, if they are not allowed their full artistic freedom.

Stay tuned.

For previous blog entries on Push the Button and the Eurovsion Song Contest controversy click here.

Bishara - take three

I have no idea if former Israeli member of Knesset, Azmi Bishara, is guilty of spying for Hizbollah or not. If he is, it is despicable. But, if as he claims, he is being framed by the Israeli security aparatus, (something that is at least as likely) that is equally dispicable.

This week Azmi answered his accusers in this article in the L.A times. I have no doubt that 80% of what he says here is correct. It is the other 20% that is in doubt. I suspect we will never know the truth to any degree of certainty.