Friday, January 07, 2011

Satire Cuts Close To The Bone


The video is from the popular Israeli TV news-satire show Eretz Nehederet. (Their motto for the current season: "When the ship is sinking, its good to have someone you can count on.")

The good news is - as long as someone in Israel can produce this stuff and others can enjoy it, all is not lost. The bad news is - that just like John Stewart's audience in the U.S. this segment of the population is a minority and a politically lazy and/or confused minority at that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just to be nasty Syd- the best satire came out of Wiemar in the 30's.

11:34 am  
Blogger sakredkow said...

It was GREAT satire!
Yet when it's all over I still don't know what to make of the conflict between the Israeli right and left from where I stand (all right sit) in the USA.
I guess I might add that nobody really gives a hang what I make of it.

1:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home