Friday, October 29, 2010

Torn Between Being Liberal and Being Israeli


I was sent this email

Syd:

I wanted to let you know that I've been reading your blog for a few months now, and that it's one of the most objective, honest and interesting collection of ideas and comments from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. As an Israeli high-school student, I'm so gracious to people like you who help me understand what makes my home country tick, and to live an aware, responsible life.
I think you'd be interested in featuring an article about my struggle to reconcile patriotism with politics. This struggle faces all liberal Israelis--and I think it'd be so incredible for you to show the world that we do exist, regardless of Israelis like Avigdor Lieberman. You should check out http://voice.paly.net/node/24663.
I hope you take me up on this offer.
Gadi

So I have taken up the offer. The article linked to above, is a heartfelt cry from a young liberal Israeli currently living in the U.S. Read it and ponder what the fate of this young man will be in 10 - 20 years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home